About Me

When given a brief, I base my work on ideas rather than processes, but use certain methods to reinforce meaning behind the work. I like to work with a wide variety of materials thus expanding my knowledge of the properties of materials. The background of this page is an experiment of working with paper and activating it using itself, or accidental mark making. I can appreciate the creases and marks made; they give a regimented yet organic feel to the paper.

Thursday 27 January 2011

Folded Piece of Paper

I folded an A4 piece of paper into eight, and placed it into my back pocket in my jeans for a week. The end result being creased, small rips in corners, dyed (transferred from my jeans) engraved/scratched due to keys in same pocket. I find this aesthetically pleasing to view as the colours and composition of lines work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment